We made it to week 10 and I have the report cards completed and ready to upload. Phew! I feel like I have just climbed a hill and I am at the rest stop. I am not even looking at the next climb or the map. I am just enjoying the sunshine and perhaps a little bit of knitting.
I am really proud of everyone who presented this week. You all did an amazing job. Some of you had some nerves in the beginning but everyone managed to finish well at the end. I really enjoyed hearing about your books. Some that I am familiar with gave me a different perspective and some I know I will have to read in the future.
This week also brings us to the conclusion of the Commercial Genre Unit and steers us to the Novel Unit. Some of you have remarked on the amount of reading in this course. As an avid reader I say "Yay! Bring it on!" but as someone who struggled to read early on I know that any amount of reading is often too much. Bear with me here kids. The reading we do is necessary to gather information and learn how to process it. It is a life skill. If you are struggling with something for heaven's sake get into room 3 at lunch and I will be happy to help you. Help is always available for those who need it. Is that a paraphrase from HP?
Week 10 also brings with it some other changes that happening at the provincial level. There are lots of important reasons for this. Remember the Winnipeg General Strike. Someone very wise told me that "this is a process. It's not personal." It is what it is. What I would like everyone to know is that, "whatever happens out there stays out there". We do excellent work in room 3 and we will continue to learn and grow. I will not allow anything to get in the way of our learning not even reluctant computer technology. I will be there for you. If you need help I will be available. If you want to discuss anything drop by the classroom - just not during grade nine art class because it is already crazy. So it is what it is and we need to keep on keeping on. Study for the test on Monday and I will meet you in room 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment