Sunday, November 4, 2012

Genre Test, Studying and Staying Organized

The cold weather is settling in and this is the point in the year when most of our good intentions have disappeared like Hallowe'en candy. I am making an effort to stay on top of my responsibilities and am sitting at my desk typing this, looking at a pile of marking and my half-completed daily plans. I am resisting the coffee that is waiting for me downstairs and instead thinking about how to encourage myself to stay on task. Is it easy? No. Will it be worth it? Yes. But I have to tell you I just downloaded a new knitting project and I really really really want to cast it on right now!
My point here is that we are all going to struggle, at some point, with staying organized and completing our work. I have the draft of the test ready to re-check. I have pulled the questions directly from the handouts, the films and the notes that you filled in. Please take some time during the week to read and re-read the material that I gave you. Prepare for the test on Thursday. At the same time you need to prepare your notes for your Independent Novel Study that is due on Wednesday. Make sure you have your novel with you on Monday and Tuesday so that you can work on this. Look at the Power Point template as a starting point. I am still having some issues with adding pictures but I believe it is a problem that I can sort out quickly at school.
If you are struggling to stay on task think about changing things up with a new pen, or clean out your backpack and find the notes. Put your notes in your binder or notebook and ask for anything you might be missing. Don't become complacent! We have lots still to do. There are many more lessons, adventures and laughter to experience. Stay with me here people. We are all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment